Download CUTE PDF WRITER, a free Plug-in if you don’t have a PDF writer
- In AutoCAD, go to PRINT
- Choose Cute PDF Writer (a free PDF download) or your usual PDF writer if you have one installed.
- Choose a sheet size bigger than your vector files and materials outline box
- Save Scale 1:1
- In the Drop down menu with the default DISPLAY, change to WINDOW
- Drag a window over the whole of your vector files and material outline box
- Save as PDF
- At the Edinburgh laser Cutting Studio we like : Cutting lines as RED, Engraving lines as GREEN, No Cut lines as PALE SKY BLUE
- Please create a VECTOR BOX the same size as the material and assign it to a pale sky blue for NO CUT
- Please prepare a new file for each material you would like to cut and label the file with YOUR INITIALS and the TYPE and THICKNESS of material you will be providing.
- Please bring your laptop with AutoCAD with you, in case any problems opening files,as I don’t have AutoCAD software in the studio.
- Please bring 10% extra materials, just in case.
Click here for full details on our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.